Today, SGCC named Fort Collins Utilities, Illinois Citizens Utility Board and Whisker Labs the winners of the 2017 CLEAR Awards. SGCC’s CLEAR Awards honor organizations for their excellence in customer outreach and engagement, recognizing one utility, technology provider and non-profit who serve as role models within SGCC and the smart grid industry. As pathfinders within with their communities, these organizations are leading the way in the development and implementation of consumer education programs.
The selections were based on the following five behaviors and how the organizations made smart grid CLEAR to consumers:
- Consumers first: Organization has demonstrated a true, consumer-centric approach in the development and implementation of consumer education and awareness programs
- Leadership: Organization has exhibited initiative in the area of consumer education and is recognized as a consumer advocate and thought leader in the industry
- Excellence: Organization has demonstrated innovation and imagination in the creation of consumer-facing initiatives and programs
- Authenticity: Organization has demonstrated a high level of integrity in engaging with consumers and other key stakeholders in the industry
- Results: Organization has been able to demonstrate, in a quantifiable way, a direct impact on consumer awareness and behavior
Fort Collins Utilities was selected for its commitment to providing its customers proven and innovative ways to save energy through programs like Peak Partners, an integrated demand response and energy efficiency program, and Efficiency Works.
SGCC recognized the Illinois Citizens Utility Board for its advocacy for the rights of resident and small-business utility customers. Since 1984, the watchdog group has helped save Illinois consumers more than $20 billion by helping to block utility rate hikes and secure refunds.
Finally, SGCC acknowledged Whisker Labs, a wholly owned subsidiary of Earth Networks, for its focus on delivering quantifiable results to consumers in both demand response and energy efficiency programs.